[ux_latest_products columns=”4″ title=”Check our Latest products!”][ad_1]
If you want knit hat patterns that are so simple, you don’t need to worry about working with double pointed and/or circular knitting needles; stick with creating flat hats. This ribbed and flat hat is as simple as they come. It is shaped nicely at the top for a cozy fit and is perfect for cold weather.
Made with a bulky yarn, this type of hat knits up in no time. It’s a simple way to whip up a quick cap for expert knitters and a great way to practice purling and knitting for beginner crafters.
1. Approximately 100 yards of a bulky wool yarn or your favorite acrylic wool yarn.
2. Scissors and a yarn needle
3. A pair of size 10 US knitting needles
Seventeen rows and eighteen stitches in 2 x 2 ribbing
The hat is approximately 9 inches tall and 16 inches around if unstretched.
1. Begin by casting on 72 stitches.
2. Work in knit two, purl two ribbing (Work on multiples of four stitches) for about 8 inches.
3. For the next row, knit two, purl two together and repeat the process from across.
4. Work the next three rows using the stockinette stitch (row 1 – knit, row 2 – purl).
5. For the next row, knit two together. Repeat the process from across.
6. Through the bound off edge, weave the end. Make sure to pull tightly to close the hole on the top of the hat.
7. From top to bottom, sew the side seam and weave in the remaining ends.
write by Briston Blair