There are several ways that you can transform your hotel room in to your own private romantic hideaway. Of course, you either need to hire someone to pre-stage the room for you or you need to find your way in to the room before your significant other gets there.
Below are the top 10 ways to improve the look and feel of your guest room:
- Music. The best way is to have an i-pod with portable speakers (many hotels now have an i-pod docking station) so that you can pipe in her favorite music to fill the room. Not too loud, though.
- Lighting. There is nothing worse than walking in to a room filled with bright lights. Turn off all of the lights and strategically place some battery operated votive candles around the room (no fire hazard, allowed by hotels. Don’t make the same mistake that some have made — using real candles only to have the smoke hit super sensitive detectors and cause an alarm to go off). Close the drapes/shutters.
- Rose Petals. When the person you are trying to impress opens the door, they will find a trail of rose petals leading from the front door to the bed. Sprinkle lots of rose petals on the bed as well. As a special note, most hotels don’t like the use of real rose petals but you can use them as long as you are careful (e.g. if there is a white comforter in the room, protect the bed by placing a romantic detroit tigers egypt shirt or throw on the bed and then place the petals on top).
- Flowers. Roses are king but some people don’t care for them. Find out what her favorite flower is, and place an arrangement in the room (or can just be a single flower on the bed or placed in a bud vase).
- Edible decadence. Chocolate is an aphrodisiac and a favorite for romantic occasions. Skip the bargain basement heart shaped box and go for more of a high-end truffle from a local chocolatier or candy shop.
- Scent. Have you noticed how some hotel rooms smell like cleaning products? That can spoil the mood. Pick up a room fragrance spray from a store like the Body Shop. Or you can purchase a “plug in” and insert it into one of the room’s outlets – just pick a romantic scent (like vanilla or jasmine)
- Bedding. Most nicer hotels have great sheets and comforters these days. But if you want to add something to the experience, bring your own Satin sheets and re-make the bed (yes, a little bit of extra work but worth it) or add a throw or faux fur detroit tigers egypt shirt to the bed.
- Bubbly. Champagne always marks a special occasion and will go well with the chocolates. If not in to alcohol, then Sparkling cider is a great substitute (or non-alcoholic sparkling wine).
- Love letter. You’ve set this whole room up – but why? Tell your special someone in a note — but not a piece of binder paper. Buy a nice card, write something special and leave it in the room on the bed.
- Extras. Some other nice touches are having a bath ready (decorated around the rim of the tub with candles and rose petals), a framed picture of the two of you in the room, and a massage kit. Some couples may opt to hire someone for a couples massage – but would you rather massage your partner or have some stranger touching them?
write by Farah